Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Pulled my Rainbow Tye Dyes and Skirts out of Storage


Photo Credit: Dan 1 - taken in the Ochoco National Forest September 2007

Yes folks! It's almost that time. Can you believe it? It's nearing the end of March and I'm already thinking about, dreaming about, and planning to be at the annual gathering of the tribes of the rainbow family of living light.

In fact, Raven and I are in Texas planning to visit some family here before we head on up to New Mexico. There is a lot of family we want to visit in all parts of New Mexico and we want to get an idea of the snow packs while we refresh our memory on good sites to start scouting come early May. Are we a little anxious, do you think?

Raven and I have both shared the dreams with each other about rainbow gatherings we've been having for over a month now. The scenes in the dreams are about large groups of people walking and talking together, playing music, dancing around the campfires, cooking food together, loving, laughing and working the shanti sena peace scene. I believe we are in love with our family and the gathering of the tribes.

I personally think about it a lot more these past five years since so many close friends have passed over the rainbow to the spirit in the sky. Raven and I will be missing one brother in particular when we go scouting this year, but I know that Sailor will have that map pulled out scouting right along with us and he'll be pulling out the topo software on that laptop in the sky to give us a lesson on where to look and why. Sailor will be looking for the pretty flowers to photograph, so I'm taking my camera to capture a few for him that I'd like to gift to Catherine.

It's been just over a month but we sure miss this brother already. Sailor, we love you and good journey. I know your spirit will walk closely with us this year. It's good to be thinking about going home.

Summer Breeze,
The Midnight Writer

No comments: