Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Seeking Peace


jupitergreetings.com


A sea gull just soared to the heavens taking off from the bush to my left. In the distance, boats jet and skip across the fresh water bay at Willard, Utah, just north of Ogden. The great rocky mountains spire to the heavens like giant towers along the Wasatch Front reaching peaks of 12,000 to 14,000 feet above sea level.

Serene waters accompany the birds that serenade me as I gaze off into the fresh water of the Willard Bay, which kisses the Great Salt Lake on the other side of the causeway. Here, I gaze at the beauty and find some serenity.

I ponder what to write about. Sitting at a picnic table in the campground, I have been processing the events of the past few weeks of my life.

For three weeks, I spent time communing with nature, spirit and souls in a gathering for peace and healing that culminates every July 4 in a prayer sent out by thousands of souls who OHM together for peace on earth in the cathedral of nature, one of God's beautiful meadows in the mountain forests. This year, the annual gathering of the tribes of the rainbow family of living light chose the Big Sandy National Forest in Sublette county in Wyoming. I made my yearly vigil to find peace and healing, to enjoy the communing of souls and spirits in blessed togetherness and brotherly/sisterly love. Here, I sought the serenity of the mountains to refresh my soul.

I did not find peace this year. Instead, the assembly of peace seeking souls found war declared upon us as we gathered in the mountains in the national forest exercising our desires for spiritual oneness and communing with the Great Spirit. War came upon us from our own Federal Government through its various agencies within the Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the State Police, the Sheriffs Department and other agencies who co-operated with the Incident Management Team as the disrupted the peace gathering with violence, chaos, weapons of war and invasion upon the peace of the people assembled.

Many moments were filled with conflict and terror as the weapons and tactics of war were inflicted upon the souls at this gathering.

Having left just a few days ago, I am still assimilating all that I saw and experienced at this gathering. I am pondering what level of responsibility I have to share this information and the stories of what happened to Americans on American soil as federal militant forces in the government waged war upon the people.

I wonder where to begin.



Posted by The Midnight Writer 1 at 8:12 PM
Original post at The Midnight Writer's Freelance Quest

No comments: